Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Well, Well, Well, Paul Pierce Jumps Ship

What d'you know? Paul Pierce is opting out of the final year of his contract with the Boston Celtics, leaving $21.5 million on the table. He's probably doing this to get a long term deal with the Celtics or whoever else will throw him some money. The sad part of it is that Pierce isn't even near the creme of the creme of the crop of the free agent class. With Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Nowitzki, and even Stoudamire, Pierce is gonna have to wait a little before the offer start coming in. I'm not even mentioning the Joe Johnsons of the class. Plus at age 33, Pierce is no spring chicken. I love how this "lifetime" Celtic is jumping ship. After his team look old as shit in the playoffs, I can see Pierce jumping on the King's bandwagon to get a couple of rings before his career ends. I'm gonna love the destruction of the Celtics. As much as I respect Rajon Rondo's game, I would love to see what this kid is gonna do without Pierce, Ray Allen, and the soon to be keeling over Garnett.

No comments:

Post a Comment