Tuesday, July 6, 2010

JAMARCUS RUSSEL: MAKING HEADLINES AGAIN

Surprise, surprise, JaMarcus Russell, ex #1 draft pick, ex Oakland Raiders just got charged with possession of a controlled substance. It's not weed or cocaine, it's codeine syrup. I'm not sure why he has this but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he's addicted to it. Poor Russell, all the talent in the world but no brain. This guy couldn't run the offense in Oakland. With his size and girth, Russell looked to be the next Dante Culpepper, or even Donovan McNabb. But this ain't college baby. This is the big show, where everyone is just a little bit faster, and smarter. Noone can do your homework in the NFL. At least $32 million of his $61 million contract was guaranteed so I'm not feeling too bad for this guy. I wonder if he was smart enough to put some of it away, say for a rainy day like this one? I'm not a gambling man but if I had to bet, I would bet that Russell is soon going to appear on those "where are they now" shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment